Open Day 2018From 10 to 15 h
Once again the Palau de la Música Catalana and the Orfeó Català open their doors to bring the marvellous architecture of the Modernist temple to all citizens, but also to invite the public to experience the Palau more intensely through its main activity: choral singing.
With free entry for a period of 5 hours, the public can visit the different spaces of the Palau de la Música Catalana:
- Concert Hall (stalls and second floor);
- Lluís Millet Hall, the emblematic interval room situated on the main floor and its balcony, which will be open to visitors so they can enjoy the garden of columns, each of which is unique and crowned by stone capitals with floral motifs, a characteristic feature by the architect, Lluís Domènech i Montaner.
- Petit Palau. A room located 11 metres under the plaza of the Palau, where you can enjoy the visitors’ audiovisual guide.
Choral singing workshops
Have you ever imagined yourself singing on stage at the Palau? Would you dare to do it in front of an enthusiastic audience?
There will be 4 choral singing workshops in the Orfeó Català’s Rehearsal Hall (Sala d’Assaig), which will be led by Esteve Nabona, director of the Orfeó Català’s Cor Jove (Youth Choir), and by Buia Reixach i Feixes, director of the Orfeó Català’s Cor de Noies (Girls Choir).
Participants will have the chance to rehearse various pieces before performing them in the Concert Hall for the visiting public.
- Sign up for the choral singing workshop at 10 a.m. Full
- Sign up for the choral singing workshop at 11 a.m. Full
- Sign up for the choral singing workshop at 12 p.m. Full
- Sign up for the choral singing workshop at 1 p.m. Full
ATTENTION: If you join the choral singing workshop, you do not have to leave the entrance for the Open Day.
Open Day 2.0
Continuing with the huge success of last year’s invitation to visit the Palau for free, the Open Day will also feature prominently on social media, where the Palau de la Música Catalana has a community of more than 60,000 followers. Using the hashtag #PortesObertesPalau, we will be inviting the general public to enjoy a festive day in the company of family and friends.
In addition, during the morning we will be promoting the Open Day Photographic Contest for “The Best Photo”, on Twitter and Instagram, the prize for which will be a lunch/dinner for two at the Foyer del Palau restaurant, courtesy of Singularis.
Special Discounts #PortesObertesPalau
As part of the Open Day, this year we are also offering a 50% discount on tickets purchased at the Palau Box Office (Taquilles) for the following concerts:
- Sunday 27th January 6 p.m. Cor de Cambra of the Palau & ONCA
- Thursday 31st January, 8 p.m. Trio Wanderer
- The Bar del Foyer and Mirador's restaurant: is joining the celebration with special prices for breakfasts, aperitifs and snacks, or the lunchtime menu. See offer
- The Palau Gift Shop will be offering a 5% discount on their selection of books.