Saint George at the Palau de la Música Catalana
Introducing the 2018-2019 Season
Concert Hall, 19 h
- Introduction to the 2018-19 musical season, by Joan Oller, general director, and Victor García de Gomar, adjunct artistic director
- Gift of the Season's book with a limited edition bag
- Performances by the Cor Petits i Mitjans of the Orfeó Català and the pianist Josep Colom
- Presentation of the book "Historia musical del Palau, 1908-2018"
- Raffle of music related items between all assistants
Tickets and season subscriptions
Saint George guided tour
Did you know the Palau contains more than 2.000 roses, hidden throughout its architecture? This monday, April 23rd, explore the Concert Hall with a special guided tour and stroll along a garden of stone, mosaic, ceramic and wrought iron in search of your favorite rose. Get to know its relationship with modernism and discover a new and surprising way of looking at the Palau. Also, in specific hours, you will also be able to enjoy an organ concert.
Come and take a picture of your favorite rose, post it to Instagram with the #SantJordiAlPalau hasghtag and you will enter a raffle for 2 tickets for the John Adams concert at the Palau, May 26th.
Raffle of music related prizes
Raffle of a set of musical items between all assistants to the new season presentation:
- A piano key signed by Grigory Sokolov
- 2 tickets for the May 26th John Adams Concert
- Book: Historia Musical del Palau. 1908-1918.
- Children's book: Big Bang Beethoven
- Book: ¿Y tu qué escuchas?, by Víctor García de Gomar
- Book: Beethoven, by Jam Swafford
- Book: Ignosi, by Màrius Sampere
- Musical CDs by Albert Guinovart and the Cor Jove de l'Orfeó Català
Visitors will find book stands, open all day long, with books from editors Hyugens and Satélite K:
- Història Musical del Palau. 1908-2018.
- ¿Y tu que escuchas?, by Víctor Garcia de Gomar
- Big Bang Beethoven, by Servei Educatiu del Palau
- Other new releases
Roses against oblivion - Amics de la gent gran
Palau courtyard From 10 to 14 h
Charity sale of pinnable stuffed roses for the Amics de la gent gran ("friends of the elderly") association.
Beethoven in 3D
At the foyer you will find a 3D video of a concert of the Orquestra Simfònica del Vallès, recorded using binaural 3d sound: a technique that makes the listener feel as if they were placed exactly at the same position were the sound was produced. Listen to the Ode to joy of Beethoven's 9th symphony as if you were standing in the middle of the orchestra.
Special menu "Saint George"
Special "Saint George" menu at the Mirador restaurant.
Special 10% discount for affiliates and season subscribers